Thursday 3 April 2014

Movies

Warren and I often watch Ellen during lunch but as we don't usually sit down to lunch until 12.30 or so, we miss half of it. Anyhow we turned on yesterday around 12.45, he was home later from tennis and saw the last guest. Warren did a flick around and there was a movie starting and he said that he  knew what it was about and asked if I wanted to watch it. I said no but asked him to record it to look at a later time. I was knitting and wanted to finish the row before going and doing anything.

Well, I got interested in the movie, it was based on a true story about the Perth Mint and then I thought to myself why cant I watch it now, I'm retired. A pleasant couple of hours was spent learning about a piece of our history which I didnt know before. It was an Australian production with Aussie actors and at the end there was an interview with the two brothers who were left. The story is about three brothers who were fitted up by police and served seven and nine years, the middle brother was released after a short time but was killed in a light plane crash, he was a pilot.

1 comment:

  1. Did you record it? I remember reading something about it.

    ReplyDelete