Thursday 17 April 2014

Top Nosh Cafe

Last week I took my fourteen year old grandson to his dentist, my daughter told me to try the cafe next door after, as they do great iced coffee. We hadn't had lunch beforehand so in we went. It was like an Aladdin's cave! At first I thought I had walked into a dress shop instead as there were dresses and outfits hanging around the walls, there was jewellery and knicknaks placed around, very interesting.

We followed the pathway to a cash register, Jordan wanted coke and a bowl of chips with gravy, easy, I ordered the ice coffee with a scone. The place was packed, there were about eight tables and chairs (seating four) inside, three or four tables at the front and off to the side in a lane way were three low tables with lounge chairs, Jordan was able to get one on these.

After a few minutes, our orders arrived. My iced coffee was an ice cream soda glass filled with scoops of ice cream and a small pot of hot coffee on the side. The idea is to pour the hot coffee over the ice cream, oh my lordy, I had never had anything like it, it was delightful! The scone, jam and cream to go with it was pretty good too, I was glad that I had only ordered one. I did help Jordan with a few chips as he said that he couldn't eat them all, the gravy was good but not quite as good as the hospital gravy (that is our measuring stick for gravy)

On each lounge chair were big comfy cushions, some square and some smaller rectangle ones, these were done in patchwork patterned velvet, great look. I want to make some but I think it will be hard to source the material as I am pretty sure that they are antique.

I was telling Warren when I got home, he loves a decent coffee shop and said that we should visit Top Nosh Cafe in Apsley for a meal or afternoon tea one day. It so happened that we had a meeting in the city yesterday and would have to go past it, we left a little early so we could visit. He ordered carrot cake to go with his ice coffee and agreed that it is the best. Its not cheap, cost about $18 for two coffees and the cake but definitely worth it. We will go back for a meal sometime, meals were around $15-19, don't know if it is licensed or not as that doesn't bother us, best find in a long time.

Thank goodness that it is a fair drive from us, otherwise I could see us there often.

No comments:

Post a Comment