Wednesday 16 April 2014

Crap Wrap

As I had the family here over the weekend, ten altogether for meals, it required bigger plates, so I reached further into the cupboard to draw out one of my platters. I always smile when I look at this, its certainly not anything that I would buy, the colours don't go with anything else that I have and it doesn't go in the dishwasher!
I do like it though and use it often when there is a crowd. A full loaf of bread made into sandwiches, a kilo of chicken wings etc will fit on it.

I heard about "Crap wrap" and thought it would be good for our Red Hat group as we like to keep the costs down as much as possible and so we adopted crap wrap for our birthday celebrations a couple of years ago.

Everyone takes a wrapped gift and exchanges it, the gift is not to be purchased, so it is something from home, an unwanted gift or something surplus.We had all gifts in one place and used a numbers system for people to elect their gift, they came to the front, picked one and unwrapped it so everyone could see what they had. Once everyone had their gift, we set a time limit of ten minutes to swap their gift with someone else's, the only rule was they couldn't swap back. So if A swapped theirs for B, B couldn't swap with A again  but B could swap with C then C could swap with A etc etc. It was a lot of fun but in our group a couple almost came to blows over a small coin purse that two people wanted, hence the time limit.

I ended up with the above tray, which someone thought was ugly. It is true "One man's trash is another man's treasure"


No comments:

Post a Comment