Friday 18 April 2014

Murphy's law

Just a little more, please, please, please I was thinking but no, of course not. Murphy's law comes into play. As I understand and was brought up to know Murphy's law was if something can go wrong or pear shaped it will.Gee thanks Murphy!Don't know who Murphy was but boy does he have a lot to answer for.

I was sewing in my sewing room and just needed that little bit more to finish and the cotton was getting very low. The material that I was working on was dark brown, browns are not my colours so goodness knows why I had bought it or what I intended to do with it. I have six large tubs of material that I have bought over several years and now that I am retired, finally it is the time to make it into something. I suspect that a pair of pants was the intended thought for this piece of material.

As this is not a colour that I usually use, it was hard to find sewing cotton to go with it but I did find a small reel that matched. I had sewn the whole thing and had the handles to put on. As they are top stitched, the cotton would be on show. NO! the last of the cotton went through the machine with only a couple of metres to go but I couldn't leave it like that. I must have about hundred reels of cotton but no more dark brown, off whites, caramel but no dark brown. I was not going to drive to Spotlight for a reel of cotton!

I had several reels of black and that was the best match so I finished the shopping bag that I was working on in black cotton. Then I made a second with black. I used some patchwork material to brighten it up.

One has two small pockets on the inside for keys and a phone. I possibly have enough to make another smaller one but these two held all my shopping yesterday.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment