Monday 28 September 2015

Richmond

I love bridges and Richmond has the oldest bridge in Australia so of course that was one place that I wanted to go to, in particular.
I didn't realise that it was still in use. Only a kilometre or so out of town. The sky was blue and people/families were out and about.
Back into town for lunch which was a handcrafted ice cream, yum, no rum and raisin in sight but I had whiskey cream with choc hazelnut and Warren had licorice all-sorts and cookies and cream. No time to take a photo.
We also visited this place. It is a model village of Hobart as it was, it was constructed as one sixteenth size. There were some odd things to look for, such as a woman killing a snake and a boy falling out of a tree, four in all but we didn't find them, apparently we needed a kid to help as they were more at their eye level.
Hobart harbour as it was. I had been to this place years ago and it has been interesting to work out how long age it was that I was there with a girl friend. We came to a work sports weekend and stayed a couple of extra days. To the best of my ability, I have narrowed it down to 1992, time flies.
Richmond being only a thirty to forty minute drive from Hobart seems to be the place to go on a Sunday "to get out of the rat race." Lots of crafty or antique little shops, places to get a bite to eat or buy some sweet treats.
Some great buildings, this is a church in the main street probably built in the 1800's still standing the test of time and in use.



No comments:

Post a Comment