Monday 12 May 2014

Driving with Ambos

I had to go into Brisbane (probably only the edge) the other day and I was waiting to turn right at lights, I was the second car back, in the far side. Alongside of me was a huge truck and a small car in front which was a learning to drive car.

We are all waiting for the lights to change when I heard a siren and in the side mirror, I see an ambulance coming down the hill, lights flashing and siren blaring. There is nowhere for the cars at the front to go so I move over as close to the truck as I can and then we get a green arrow and I thought good the Learner car can go around the corner and therefore the ambo can fit thru. Did he move? No of course not, it seemed to be a couple of minutes before he did move, then the ambulance could go thru and everyone got back to normal.

I followed the learner driver up the hill, thinking that the instructor should have taken over the controls or at least talked the learner though what to do in that case, an excellent lesson to be learnt. The learner driver turned left at the next corner  and then I realised that there is no learner, (only one person in the car) it is only the instructor and I thought "What a jerk!" he's an instructor in a learn to drive car and he held up an ambulance! even if it was only for a few seconds. I was not impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment