Sunday 22 June 2014

Local markets

Our city holds a weekly market every Sunday morning, we haven't been for  year or so but Warren suggests we go along this morning. We didn't really have anything that we wanted/needed to buy. Must always remember its Needs not Wants that is important here.

Wow, I could have gone crazy buying fresh fruit and vegetables as our fridge is getting rather empty but my delivery of F & V is due tomorrow so no point in buying any more.

Judging by the cars parked if each car had two or more people in them, then I would have to say that there were two to tree thousand people there. i know it took us an hour or more to get around and we missed a few rows.

Lots of plants and i was reminded that we bought our lemon tree from the markets, of course there are many places selling breakfast or morning tea most people eat and walk and we did the same with a dagwood dog. These are a treat, not that good, health wise but they taste good especially with tomato sauce dipping off them. I was too busy eating to take a photo of them.

We ended up only buying MT and just before we left, I bought five pots of parsley for a dollar each. Our house sitters had planted parsley and it was doing beautifully and I used it a lot and then it died, possibly dried out. Hopefully these plants will survive for me, I might grow them on the back patio so we will remember to water them

No comments:

Post a Comment