Wednesday 4 June 2014

Meat City

This retail store has been in our area for awhile and I have been there once before. While the meat and price were good, the smell and cold was off putting so I had avoided it.However they have moved to new especially built premises which is actually closer to home and I tried them again on the weekend.

What a pleasant surprise, well laid out, lots of different cuts of meat some in small cuts and others in larger amount. It is called meat city but there were seafood, fruit and vegetables plus bakery items. I had done my food shopping and dropped in to get meat/top up the freezer so only needed meat.

I bought 2 kgs of pork chops, two trays of gourmet sausages, 10 small boneless chicken roasts, 2 kgs of crumbled steak, a pack of smoked chicken (3 marylands of chicken)and a full piece of corned beef and finally a side of veal. Cost was $77 plus a Turkish bread. It took me nearly an hour to break it up and pack it into meal sized pieces to pack into the freezer and make a list so that I know what is in there and when it was frozen (never done that before!)

Saturday night we had one of the corned beef, I cut it into four pieces and it was hot with white sauce and vegetables, cold meat and salad in half the Turkish bread for Sundays lunch and then there was just enough to take for lunch on Monday so six meals. had a pork chop for dinner last night and each meal was delicious. Very happy that I tried it again, I'm hoping though that the meat will last us for a month or more.

No comments:

Post a Comment