Sunday 15 June 2014

Lock down!

In class on Friday and the sirens sounded, it was a lock down drill. In our classroom the blinds were already down as earlier we had been looking at a script projected on the screen. The kids scrambled to get under the tables while the teacher and I closed the windows and secured everything. Five minutes passed and one of the kid asked to go to the toilet, was really surprised when they were told No. Then the giggling started, trying to keep them quiet was a bit of a nightmare but I guess in a real life situation with possible gunfire and screaming, they would be very quiet.

Unlike a fire drill we didn't have to go outside, "in my day" we didn't have "Lock downs." I hadn't thought about the possibility of a practice drill but I guess shootings and such are happening and its good to be as prepared as can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment