Tuesday 5 July 2016

Soup.

Well it is certainly soup weather and I was wanting soup for the lat couple of weeks in the carvan but it was just too awkward to make it or heat some soup.One of the first meals that we had at home was soup. It was a sof pack that I had bought on the road but hadnt used. Not too bad it was chicken and capsicum, a little spicy but okay.

I bought two lots of mushrooms for soup as I wasnt sure how much I needed. The house sitters left some mushrooms and I used my recipe and the thermomix to make mushroom soup. It was the first thing that i made when I first had the thermo and Warren was impressed with the speed, lack of effort (no chopping) and taste. Well it was supposed to make enough for four, we had four meals and then there was still some left over so the rest went in the freezer.

After breaking down the lamb for the freezer, there were two shanks so they went in the slow cooker and with a few vege that became lamb and vegie soup. Soup and toast or crumpets make a hearty meal in my book.

In winter when I was a kid, mum always had a pot of soup on the stove, it was a good filler and dad would always have a second bowl and then his main meal. Mum's soup was always met and vege with pearl barley so a thick soup.

I like variety in soups so potato and leek with bacon will be the next one that I make. Soup weather doesnt stay around for long so I like to make the most of it while it is cold.  

No comments:

Post a Comment