Wednesday 27 July 2016

A Healthy Lunch

I like to have a different lunch most days and stay away from to much bread so sandwiches are a rare occurrence around here.

Yesterday, what to have for lunch that is quick, easy and tasty, I dont want to spend lots of time in the kitchen. Then I saw one lone large sweet potato and I had a flash back to living in China.

People would come to the school gate selling baked sweet potatoes and I would sometimes buy one for my dinner when Warren was going out with the boys to play snooker.

One sweet potato into the microwave for twelve minutes, meant that I could go and do other things. I halved it and topped each half with the ham that was left two and a half slices and a sprinkle of grated cheese on top, back in the MW for 30 seconds and lunch was ready.

Quick, easy and it tasted pretty good too. A bonus was only two plates and forks for the dishwasher.

No comments:

Post a Comment