Saturday 21 March 2015

Shoes

I really like shoes and probably have far more than I need. I don't pay a lot for them and probably the most I have ever paid for a pair of shoes than I remember was $75 from USA, I ordered them online and there was an outline of how to select the size. I was a bit worried that they wouldn't fit esp when I had paid so much but they fitted well. I only wear them on special occasions mainly because I did spend that much (which is crazy I know, I should be wearing them all the time to get my monies worth) the other reason is that that they are higher than what I usually wear these days.

Anyway I digress, as those shoes are not the ones that I wanted to post about. Before I returned to work, I ordered some clothes online from a store that I do buy a few pieces of clothing (it was far easier and cheaper to sit at home in front of A/C and choose what I wanted) and they have added shoes to their stores as well only very recently. To increase their sales some shoes were priced at $5, I decided to add a pair that I liked to my order.

The pair was sandals and I usually cant wear sandals  because I have a high instep (plus too much padding!). These shoes had two straps one across the toe and another over the arch plus a strap to go across the back with a buckle.
I hated the strap at the back and so I thought that I would "doctor"them. I got my big craving knife and cut the straps off! thinking OMG what if I ruin them? Kicked myself in the bum and thought well not going to wear them as they are so no dramas. I wore them shopping last week for a short time as I didn't want to get blisters and they were so comfortable that I wore them to work with every intention to take another pair of shoes. 7am til 5pm is a fair amount of time to spend in new shoes and I am on my feet most of the day good intentions but that was as far as I got, no second pair of shoes. But now i have worn them for two days at work this week and they are fine, Five dollars well spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment