Tuesday 3 March 2015

Hot Cross Buns

I know lots of people complain about these being available very soon after Christmas. I am not one of them as hot cross buns are one of my favorite snacks. I am pleased that they aren't around all year.

I went to the shops yesterday for our groceries and spent a grand total of $10.19, a packet of muesli, a pack of Hot Cross buns and some broccoli (the buns were not on the list!)

My pantry seems to be full and so is my freezer so this month I am doing cheap shopping by only buying what I really need. Warren has muesli for breakfast and I have gone back to just plain oats and his cereal was empty. We are still getting the organic fruit and vegetables each fortnight and I think it is good value so I won't stop that but greens were a bit light on so I picked up some broccoli.

The buns were out the front of the store and I figured that afternoon teas for the week was done with them. I did put them in the freezer so they last the week.

I think it is the cinnamon and the fruit, I also like the fact that there is no icing on them.

Of course they are probably not good for us but a warmed bun with a touch of butter with a coffee is my idea of bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment