Thursday 24 December 2015

My Christmas presents to myself.

A few weeks ago i completed a tote bag and sent it off to its new home. I liked the pattern and design that much that I wanted to make one for myself. I had bought two pieces of fabric at the same time with one for me, the fabric was on sale for $5 a metre, very good price as it was quilting fabric, anyway I bought half a metre of each. (usually around $18/20 a metre)

There seemed to be quite a bit of fabric left over so I made a shopping bag to go inside the tote and I covered a book as well, which will also be used/carried in the tote.


I didn't have enough black to cut the handles for the tote on the basis so it has the bicycle fabric for handles. The shopping bag has black handles which was cut on the straight and it has rounded corners at the bottom. i did have to piece to pieces together to get enough to cover the book/dairy, a couple of the wheels are a little elongated but from a half a metre of fabric, it was good value. i think there is enough scraps to make a coin purse as well. I love the colours and as this is the only bag i will be taking on our trip, it will get a lot of use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment