Thursday 17 December 2015

Helping out in the community

Yesterday our local paper landed on the door step, I don't often read it but thought I would give it a flick through. During my flicking there was a advert asking for help for families for Christmas and listed the families and their ages and a phone number.

I decided to ring and check it out. They were asking for a hamper or similar and a gift for the kids. I was given family No. seven. They also asked if there could be a gift for mum as well as the two boys, which to me was a given. If Mum is having trouble making ends meet then she is probably doing without, so of course I would include something for her.

I figured that I had a week and was thinking of making PJs but no they asked if it could be delivered as soon as possible. Of course thinking about it, that made sense. No fresh meat or fruit and vegetables could be included as they had no refrigeration at the centre.

I left to shop this morning at 8.15 am but shop were already busy. I had two boys three and ten. I did buy some boring stuff like socks and jocks, again could help them out.

This is what I ended up sending, I had the gift bags and bon bons were left over the cane basket came from the teddies picnic earlier in the year. 
I had enough stuff for three or four presents each.

Funny thing, I was buying some salmon and the small tins 210 gms were $2.30 and I grabbed two for the basket, then I wondered how much was a bigger tin of 420 gms, same price! I changed the smaller tins for the bigger tins. There was no tinned ham but I found enough to fill it, I know it was heavy. It did feel weird not buying meat or F & V


No comments:

Post a Comment