Tuesday 22 December 2015

Making a New Clock

I do like clocks and we have a few around the house. I had one in my sewing room but it was looking a bit worse for wear. It had been white but over time the white had yellowed and even though it still worked, I did think about replacing it but that was as far as I had gone with that idea.

Strolling or trolling through the internet a week ago, I saw a re purposed clock and thought what a good idea, I could probably do that and promptly thought no more about it until I was looking cleaning/clearing out some drawers and came across an embroidery hoop.The clock that i had seen used a hoop.

This is how I spent some of my morning.
Using a large dinner plate I traced around it, the material I had bought years ago to make myself a skirt for work, however I don't wear pink and these days I don't wear skirts.

I have a bottle of odds and sods buttons and was able to select twelve pink ones.
The clock mechanism and hands came from the original clock and the colours suit the room as the curtains are a mauve colour.
A new clock with nothing spend except a bit of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment