Monday 14 December 2015

Family Christmas Lunch

Another year when the weather got in the way. Last year we chose to meet about half way for all of us and have breakfast at the beach. Pancakes, egg and bacon plus croissants hot coffee was all organised. Warren and I went early to snag a table and set up, breakfast was for 9am, it was Sunday after all.  Thirty ks from here and the weather was awful, very windy so a very late breakfast was changed to our place.

Rock on to this year and Jason says that the weather cant be bad two years running so we try again but for morning tea and lunch. I cooked most of Saturday 
and it was raining, this time we went to Jason's house. I was doing the main course and saw green pickled onions and marinated mushrooms, trouble was opening the Bl........ jar. I used a trick i learnt in China, attack the lid with the point of a knife. As you can see, i had to attack it several times. I ended up cutting the whole top out using the steel knife that we won in A supermarket in Shaoxing. It was a collect stamps type of thing and when we had enough, I picked this big knife, it is great. Got it home by putting it in the suitcase.
On tooth picks I had green onions, ham, red caps and mushrooms, very Christmassy.
This is all the food that I had to pack, I was worried that it wasnt enough. A rice salad with prawns, a chicken roll, heaps of chicken wings, roast pumpkin pies, two Costco salads and smoked salmon on crem cheese and rounds of bread.

Warren and I had left overs for lunch chicken wings and salad, dinner was scrambled eggs with some of the rice through it. Normal meals from tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment