Sunday 27 December 2015

An annoyance of mine

Sometimes its the little things that get to me, or maybe I am just being picky.

I was presented with a secret Santa gift in the lead up to Christmas. This was in our ladies group and we set a limit of $5 and gifts are put in a central place and then each person selects one.

Mine was diary and a box of chocolate, very nice and suitable. When I got home, I noticed that there was a price tag still stuck on the back of the diary of $4.50. Why should that annoy me? It made the gift fall in the limit (although the box of chocolate would have pushed it over). I think it annoys me because I feel people haven't cared enough to remove it. Years ago I used to receive gifts on behalf of our children and from one particular person prices tag were always left on, I felt then that it was purposely done to show how much they had spent.

Probably because of this, I make sure that I remove all price tags before wrapping.

I already have a small diary for next year I was given one early this year that has two years in it so i didnt need another. I re gifted the diary as part of another secret Santa that I was involved with, it did go to another state. I am not sure if I re gifted it because of the price left on it or because I really have no need of another diary? Hummm not sure. Luckily for me and others around, not too much annoys me.

No comments:

Post a Comment