Friday 4 December 2015

Bread making

Sherian gave me a thermomix recipe book and most of the recipes in there look easy. I have tried a couple and they worked well.

The last time I went to a thermomix demo, the demonstrator had brought bread that she had made earlier that morning. Oh my Goodness, it was good. The recipe took five ingredients and everything was thrown into the Thermo (Annie)

I am hopeless at following a recipe! One reason is that i often don't have something so I comprise and a further reason is Warren cant have a few items so again I either leave out or swap. My cooking is more the little bit of this, little bit of that, oh, there we go, add a dash of that.

Annie needs a bit more structure to work so I had the recipe and was prepared to cook to the recipe. Sounds too easy, right?

First recipe called for 1.25 cups of water or 300 gms of water, all good, I got out my measuring cup and measured 3 cups of water. Then the yeast, 7 gms or a small packet , throw that in, 20 gms of olive oil, 500 gms of flour.  Oh, SH........., not 3 CUPS of water but 300gms. Recipe writer had said she was used to using cups and spoon measurements so she had given both.

Cant waste it so I increased the flour, doubled it and a bit more. 1.25 cups by 2 equals 2,50 so had to double plus. Continued on, Double checking the recipe!

Annie takes no more than two minutes to mix, then tip it out and leave to rise for 30 minutes. I did use a BIG bowl, the mix filled it! It was to make a scroll, ended up making three scrolls, one with sultanas and cocoa, rolled and cut, filled one tray. Second one was jam roly poly and last one was cheese and corn.

Thankfully I had lots of little plastic bags and now I have a freezer drawer full on snacks, good to have one with a cuppa. I really do need to READ the recipe more than once!

No comments:

Post a Comment