Thursday 23 July 2015

Up date on dishwasher.

Warren found a repairer not to far from home and he left me the job to ring them, telling me that I would need to quote the brand and model number. That was fine until I said th brand name, it seems they can get parts but could take a while. Penny would ring me back. Dishpan hands for some time to come I think.

Nothing heard from Penny until yesterday, three days after my first phone call. She was waiting for the company to get back to her. The dishwasher was leaking water from a seal at the bottom of the door. She had found that the company didn't sell seals as such but they would replace the whole door panel with came with the seal. Humm, sounds expensive! She had requested a price and while she didn't have a price nor a time that it would take to get the door, she had rung to keep us up to date.

Warren suggested to her that maybe he could take the door off himself and try to repair it, she agreed that he couldn't do any more damage as the door needed to come off to refix/repair it anyway.

I arrived home tonight to hear the dishwasher washing, he had taken the door off and used a heavy glue to glue the seal back in place, then tried it out. No water on the floor so fingers crossed, he may have fixed it. It could last for another six years or two weeks but at the moment it appears that we wont have a repair bill and wont be needing to wash dishes by hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment