Monday 13 July 2015

Trivia on the boat

Each morning coffee and cake trivia was held on the cruise and just about each morning we would have one team or two. Teams were no more than four as the prize was coffee and cake for four people from Charlies cafe.

Questions were some what difficult and twenty in all, our first morning we got 12 and the winners had thirteen, two groups and they had to have a deciding question.

I blame the trivia for me putting on weight as each morning while waiting of course we had to have something to drink and the iced coffees were delightful from Charlies cafe.

I was excited one morning as I answered a question, The question was "What was William Hartnell claim to fame?" or something along those lines. I said he was the first Dr Who, don't know how I even knew that but yes it was right. They brought the mike over and asked my name and why I was excited. It must have been one of those things way back in the memory blocks. I didn't watch Dr Who but the kids did when they were younger.

The morning that we weren't there as we had an early tour Jason and his family won with 19 out of 20.

Some example questions were What nationality are the soldiers who guard the Pope? we thought Italian but apparently Swiss. Which Beatle did not wear shoes on the Abby road album? as Warren is a Beatles buff we got that right, it was Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment