Wednesday 17 August 2016

Roast Chicken Dinner

I babysat yesterday as Aidan wasn't well, leaving home at 7am. Warren had been talking about roasting a chicken in the BBQ but wanted a foil tray to do it in. I had bought one when i went shopping and the chicken had been taken out of the freezer so yesterday was the day to try it.

I arrived home at 5.15 pm and as soon as I opened the garage door I could smell chicken. apparently our bbq was out of gas so he couldn't cook it in there.

Not knowing how long to cook it for, he put it in the oven approx 2.30 pm with the vegetables. He had cut up some oranges and placed the chicken on top and just cooked it slow.

Yum, the meat was tender with a slight taste of orange and the potatoes and carrots were crispy. Usually dinner is about 6 pm but as everything was cooked we ate early. There is nothing like having a meal cooked for you when you are usually the cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment