Sunday 28 August 2016

Honey Prawns

Yum, one of my favourite things when we got to a Chinese restaurant, not that we have been for a long time, humm, must change that soon.

On TV the other night, I cant remember what show it was as it was only a quick flick but someone was talking about honey prawns and how easy they were to make at home.

That sparked my interest. so I took note of what they did.

First it was make the batter using two egg whites, egg whites?

This morning we were out and about, taking a walk through a park and Lucy did need some big bones to chew so stopped at the supermarket. Lucy and Warren stayed in the car with the AC on while I raced inside. I didnt have any money on me, oh dear what an opportunity to buy a few prawns and try this recipe. I had everything else at home. Then I didnt feel guilty about using my card.
This was the end result. Not a cheap meal but far cheaper than going out.

The prawns for half a kilo was $10 and I have enough for lunches tomorrow. Its not the prettiest dish but in future I think i would let the prawns sit in the fridge for awhile after they were coated in the batter. I probably tried to cover too many at the same time so I will make them again. Did taste pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment