Friday 12 August 2016

A "P" day

Yep, A P day standing for Picnic
We took Lucy out in the car,she had travelled ina car before but not ours. We didnt go too far and we wanted a quiet place with few or no other people and dogs around. Warren looped her lead around a piece of rope and that then over the tow bar so she could go for a bit of a wander but as can be seen she didnt go far. Her picnic of a chicken neck was demolished before I had even made our coffee. 

Later at home I settled down to make a pair of PJs, almost got them finished.



Very bright fabric with animals and their names on them. At Spotlight when I replaced my needles, patterns were on sale for $5 instead of the usual $15 to $18 so I grabbed a couple. So much easier than draughting my own (we were taught to do this at school)or tracing patterns from a book.

While i was sewing, Warren did some work on Project one. He took down the old curtains and curtain rod and replaced them with the new curtains. Old ones were short and new ones are to the floor. I had taken off the single letters and I am considering taking down the kids names, but they are still there for the moment. Waiting on an electrician to come and fix the fan and light in that room.
The tri bed, chest of drawers have gone to a better home and a broken fan gone to the bin. Still a bit to go such as the big heavy steel filing cabinet. I;m sure there is plenty of shredding that could be done to empty it.


No comments:

Post a Comment