Sunday 21 August 2016

Crocheting!

Since we have been home from our trip I have been knitting strip for a blanket. I started to make a woolen scarf but it was too thick so it has continued to be a strippy blanket using up all the bits and pieces of odd balls of wool that I have.

Mum gave me all her wool once she got past knitting so i did think that i should do something with the wool.

The strips are different colours and different length so there is no rhyme or rhythm to it, but it is all 8 ply. To tie it all together i planned to crochet around the edges of each one and then around the whole thing. red was to tie it together and then it will be edged in black.


I finished the last one on Thursday, it took me about a week to knit one strip. I found a crochet hook and had a go at it. I used to crochet or I was taught and I made a suit for Jason when I was pregnant.(he is over 40!) It was a top and short pants. As I made it, it was used for all three kids. It's the last thing I remember making in crochet.

To my surprise I found it quite easy, thank goodness. I dont really know what stitch I am doing but it is doing what I wanted it to do and that was to put an edge on it. Unfortunately it is not as wide as I want for a blanket so I am still knitting one more. It will be eight strips of approx 100 cms x160 cms once it is done.


It will be then donated to Knitting for Brisbane's needy. A woman I met last month set up this charity about ten years ago and she says there is still a great need to warm clothes and blankets. After this is done I will then go back to making beanies they are much easier and they want them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment