Monday 22 August 2016

My TOTT bag

I wanted a bag with all the bits and pieces for geo caching. Often a pen is needed if it is small, a phone with GPS is a must as well as some swag to swap .TOTT stands for tools of the trade.

Besides I like the idea of a dedicated bag.

I bought a half a metre of canvas fabric and designed a pattern, using a A $ sheet of paper, i figured that would be about the right size, didn't want it too big.

I rounded the corners and cut four sides which left enough for the zip panel and bottom, also a couple of small pockets, one on the outside for the phone and one on the inside.
This is one side with the outside pocket, the zipper is in, it is a double sided zip so can be opened from either end. I like to pin and then leave for a while before sewing on the outside.

The inside with a couple of pens in place. There wasn't enough fabric to line the zip panel so that is just plain cream canvas that I had in my stash , both sides have the cream canvas sandwiched between the zigzag fabric. Black elastic also from my stash

The finished product.

The strap came from another fabric bag that I bought and wore out but the strap was still good.
Cost was about $6, fabric was 40% off, that was $3.50 and the zip was $2.50, probably about four hours of my time.

I reinforced the bottom and over the straps, as it was an afterthought I had to stitch it on by hand.

Now I need to choose what I am going to make next. I bought five patterns the other day when they were priced at $5 instead of $17-20 each. I have made the girls pjs twice, guess I had better check my heap of material and then decide. I am trying to use up what I have before buying more fabric.





No comments:

Post a Comment