Wednesday 3 August 2016

Money!

Can be so annoying at times. I have spent the last hour or so dealing with money and banks and counting.

I set up a new bank account which pays a higher interest, transferred two lots of money, all good then I tried to do a regular direct deposit and it rejected, silly me, I had put my client number instead of my account number. Luckily for me, after this little bag of money had been swanning around somewhere it was returned to me after five days.

Realising my mistake, I tried again, sent the little bag of money flying from one bank to another and waited for it to reappear in the second bank and waited and waited. Yesterday, it was back! like a bad penny.

Okay so I needed to resolve this somehow. First I rang the first bank and changed the security code going to Warren's phone number as each time I moved money he and his phone needed to be here so changed it to mine. Fifteen minutes after that my phone rang and supposedly the bank was ringing to confirm, a bit wary of the call but they didnt ask for account details just were concerned that Warren's was still on as contact number. I did recognize the guys voice after awhile so that was all good. Yep, Warren's number is good as a contact and mine for security codes. I can do this as I opened the account and while it is in joint names, I am the principle person unlike another bank that wont allow me to do anything as warren is first mentioned on the account, one of the main reasons that I do internet banking.

Next to ring second bank, they were too busy so I quickly reconciled some money for a group that i belong to and arrgh! too much money. Count it again and then made a phone call to confirm that my count was right due to extra money added that I didnt know about, phew! thought I had lost my marbles or at least my counting abilities.

I paid out for some travel tickets a few days ago and hadn't received any confirmation regarding that so another phone call chasing where money had been spent. Oh, yes, they had received it and I should have received an email with the details they would re-isssue, so that one is done. Supposed to be a house work day for me but so far, its been on phone and computer.

Ring second bank, they couldnt tell me much as money had not been received there but did confirm that the numbers I used were correct and suggested that I ring first bank to see why it had rejected or taken a trip and then came back.

I am pysching myself with a coffee and a vent on here before I need to put on my big girl pants and ring AGAIN! Bloody money!

No comments:

Post a Comment