Friday 5 August 2016

A Vent!

The thing that annoys me the most is having my name spelt wrong! I dont think its that difficult and when I fill in forms and people reply because of that and then spell it wrong THAT is what really gets up my nose.

There are many ways to spell my name and believe I think I have seen most of the different spelling and while mine is not the most common is one not that uncommon.

Because of my annoyance re my name I do make a concerted effort to check the spelling of people's names and try to get them correct.

Two weeks ago I booked some tickets to the tennis which included a hotel room, there were forms to complete and then a couple of phone calls. One of my calls that I needed to make on Wednesday along with ringing banks was to the ticket people as I had paid but had nothing to confirm it. Hoping that my money hadn't gone missing and that no tickets were forth coming. I was assured that everything was okay and they would re send the email.(My email address is said different to the spelling so I always spell it out for people).

No email yesterday or today so I checked my junk mail and yes there is was with my name wrong, Grrrrr! as my name now doesn't match with the name on my credit card, I will now have to have it changed. On a positive note, I now have tickets and a hotel room confirmed.  Arrr, now that I have vented I feel so much better and can go about my tasks for the day quite happily.

No comments:

Post a Comment