Thursday 11 August 2016

Lucy the thief!

The foster care told us that Lucy was a bit of a thief and that at her place she had had a stash of stuff, pens and bits and pieces.

We hadn't noticed this until yesterday when she decided to grab my knitting from my chair while I was on the computer. maybe she thought that she was home alone a Warren was at tennis and I wasnt making any noise. I had heard the doggy door swinging back and forth so know she had been going in and out. It was quiet so I got up to see what she was doing and knitting stretched from the lounge room through the dinning on to the mat that she likes to sit on and there was my weeks worth of knitting with the bamboo needles that I use snapped in half and the other one with teeth marks. She had disappeared out the door when she heard my chair move.

I just said "No" to her and took it back to the chair .That was obviously not enough as ten minutes later my knitting trailed through the doggy door and was on the back door mat. This time both needles were stuffed. the knitting was then put up high, honestly its like having a child having to put things up.

Later when Warren came home and he had taken his shoes off like usual while watching the TV, Lucy struck again. She had trouble getting his shoe, the new pair that he bought for Kokoda, out of the doggy door.

Hummm, seems she wants something to chew and play with, she does have a couple of toys but not chewy stuff. Off to Pet Barn, I went and bought pigs ears and a kong for her, plus big chewy bones from the butchers. When she came, the foster carer had an opened tin of food for her which we fed her for a couple of nights but phew, did it stink when feeding and the aftermath was worse. No more tinned food for her. i will make up some mince and vegetables as well as the bones.
She was very happy this morning, tail wagging a lot more and she has been for a short walk with Warren. Lucy had not been on a lead before so everything is a big learning curve for her.

We are going out to a park for a lunch time picnic. We want her to get used to travel in the car. She cant be around other dogs yet and shes not that good with too many people around so we will have to pick our spot and just see how we go with her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment