Wednesday 9 July 2014

The sun was shining

It was a great day yesterday, the sun was shining and even though it was cool, it was one of those days to get a lot of things done. Usually when we come back from camping, we take the linen out and wash it and either put it back in or leave in the house until we are ready to go again but not so yesterday.

We opened the camper up and Warren did a couple of minor adjustments to it, a screw had dislodged from a hinge and he also fixed/amended an extending pole that had needed it for some time. Then we went right thru the camper, airing beds, washing cupboards and floors. Found one of the spare camping chairs had come adrift near the arm rest, Warren asked me if I could sew it on the sewing machine. I said I'd give it a go and presto! it worked, the machine went thru it like a dream and better still, cant even see when it was mended. We washed blankets that we keep in there just in case, probably haven't been used but it was a nice "drying day" as my Mum used to say.

The van even got vaccummed before being packed up again. As I hadn't been sewing for a few days, I continued on that in the afternoon and almost finished a project that I have been working on. There is two in the set and I did one about three weeks ago and the second one was in the state of half done and then sat as I had others things to do but the sewing machine part is done and have some hand sewing to completely finish, that's on today's agenda once I do the barest of housework, (and spend some computer time).

No comments:

Post a Comment