Monday 31 October 2016

Upgrade!

I was out the other day and trying to locate something on my phone, I was using the GPS and it seemed to be out. I was feeling a bit frustrated and in the forty minute drive home, had made up my mind to buy a hand held GPS. Surely it couldn't cost more than $300? I had earnt that in the last few weeks so yep, that was a given just had to ran it by Warren.

Sitting over lunch, I told him of my plans, he thought it was a good idea and asked when I wanted to get it. Silly him, he knows that once I have settled on some thing then I want to do it almost immediately. So it was off to the shops, once I had a shower, the location place was on a bush walk. Warren had a further thought and suggested that I upgrade my phone instead as it was getting on and had been passed on to me by Sheridan. Glup, more money going out but what the hell!

Friendly man at J B Hi Fi, helped out and I ended up with an I phone 7 and then I wanted a cover one that a couple of cards could slip in haaaa! $64 for a cover!

Warren set it all up when we got home and that evening told me that the cover didnt fit it. as we were leaving for Melbourne early the next morning, it was going to have to wait until we got back to return it.

No cover so no  protection for my new phone, BUT I remember seeing someone using a sock lke cover so I got out a clean sock of mine, one of the short just past the heel ones and it worked a treat.

Took the phone and cover back, feeling like a goose and they couldn't get it to work either, it fitted nicely but it wouldn't turn on when inside the cover. They got a new one off the shelf and while it didn't appear to be any different, I could now use all the buttons.
Its a bit bigger screen than the old one and seems to work okay.
Old phone has gone back to Sheri so one thing in and one out, trying to make that a theme/rule/tradition so that we dont end up with a whole heap more stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment