Monday 17 October 2016

Frozen PJs

I have been wearing my winter pyjamas to bed and it is just too hot but I think my summer ones hit the bin somewhere on the trip. At least my winter night wear is just a long line T shirt with 3/4 sleeves but I needed something cooler. I had had a bit of a look in the shops and didnt see anything that I liked which resulted in a trip to Spotlight. Luckily for me they had a 40% sale on all material.

Lots of pinks and girly patterns which is so not me, even to sleep in, then I saw a nice blue with a small pattern, when I took it to the counter, the girl told me that it had just been reduced even further, making it $4 a metre, bonus. I was thinking of 2.5 metres, it was 145 cms wide but went for 3 metres to make sure that I had enough.
When I was cutting it out, I noticed on the side it had "Disney" which seemed strange, I looked a little closer at the fabric and blow me down, it is a frozen pattern. Apparently our youngest grand child (only   grand daughter) is all over Frozen. There is material left over so I will make something for her.

I was on a roll this morning and had the top of my PJs made before 9 am! Took a while longer to make the pants and then I made another pair for a 5 year old from a piece of material that has been in my stash for years. It was too big a piece to just throw out but too small to make lots of things but I found the perfect pattern.
These are mine and it looks at though the bottoms didnt make the photo.

I only had around half  metre of material but with no shoulders, there was plenty. I even had enough to cut the straps on the basis. Very happy with the little ones. I have been making some kids clothes for charity so these will go into that box. There is an organisation here that call for donations or Christmas boxes for people who are down on their luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment