Wednesday 19 October 2016

Fast eating

I went to a meeting tonight at a local club, due to circumstances, Warren dropped me off early and I filled in the time by having a meal. It was just on dinner time and I was surprised that they were serving dinner already at 5.15 pm.

I bought a drink then made my way over to the eating area to be allocated a table, as I was on my own I was given a small table for two down the back.

Leaving my drink there, I proceeded to the dinner queue, it was quite busy as it was 2 for 22 dollars, just my luck to have a cheap night to buy two meals. I ordered pork spare ribs and a single meal was $14, oh well, still cheaper.

Its rare that I would have a meal on my own and I was surprised at how quick one eats when there is no conversion happening, there is nothing to break up the act of putting food in ones mouth. I did try to eat slower as the meeting wasnt on until 6.30 so I had a whole hour from getting my table and meal. Nuh, couldnt do it, short of putting the cutlery down between each mouthful and that was just plain silly, I was out of there in under ten minutes.

I took my drink to the lounge area and got out my phone and some paperwork and tried to do some puzzles but didnt get far.

No comments:

Post a Comment