Wednesday 12 October 2016

Costco shopping.

I have been shopping at Costco once a month since we returned from our big trip. I buy in bulk and then only need small amounts for the rest of the month.

I bought a big pack of lamb back in July, it was good meat and a good price so this month I bought another pack of lamb at $68 for 8 kilos, that is a great price. I also bought some mince as mince is so versatile.

The following day after my big shop, I set about breaking the meat down into meal size packs oh boy what a job that was, three times I thought that the freezer was full but there was more to put into it. I did some further moving around and finally got everything in that needed to be frozen.

The mince come in three kilo blocks and also needed to be broken down, about one kilo went to make Lucy's food for the month with rice and vegetables. I do enough for three to four nights in one container. Then I made rissoles and hamburger patties ready to be cooked and I made and cooked meat balls plus spag bol without the pasta.

I was ready for a coffee after that!

 Now that we have so much lamb its going to be a challenge to mix up the meals so that we are not just eating lamb, much as we like it, its nice to have a variety.

I bought Turkish bread too, as Warren can eat that without any problem but there was two in a pack, more for the freezer. No lamb only bacon, also from costco, three packs in freezer and one to use in the fridge.

This was last nights dinner, I made a pizza using one half of the Turkish bread, I cooked sausage rolls as well to freeze, (I need a packed lunch for a couple of days, these give me an option,) seeing that the oven was on.

The pizza had bbq sauce, cheese, red capsicum, mushrooms, bacon and pineapple, very quick and easy to do (the one in the pic is left overs for lunch today)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment