Friday 15 December 2017

Tonights dinner

Raining all day today. Worst thing about no cooking facilities is we have to go out to eat. I had been out for lunch but had ordered in the wrong order, I asked for coffee first and was directed to another counter that only did drinks. I decided then to jyst go with the coffee and i had a cup of spinach and egg soup when I got home.

Still raining but felt we needed to eat when jt was dinner time as I fast for breakfasts. We braved the elements and walked to the canteen.
This was dinner after we had eaten, the plate on the right had sweet and sour pork with cabbage and twice cooked pork had been on the other, bowls of rice are out of sight. I try to limit the rice that I eat. The white dishes are cooked to order and the place is still using the menu that I helped translate several years ago.
This was lunch a few days ago. I had eggplant and beans, front left and two chicken wings in soy sauce with sesame seeds on top. Warrens on the top of pic was egg and tomato with a fried egg and on the left was a type of mince with egg on top. He was having an eggie day. Dishes are served on different coloured plates and determines the prices. Some things are already on the plates and it is a matter of picking them up or others can be selected, usyally by pointing and the se4vers didh them up and the tray is then taken across to the cashier and ttotes it up. The green dishes are 6 y each with a bowl of rice being 1y, so my tray was 13y just under $3.

No comments:

Post a Comment