Saturday 3 October 2015

Travel bags

Six kilos can get darned heavy after a short time. Against my better judgement I was persuaded to leave my trolley suitcase at home and take a bag. Warren thought that my trolley bag would be a bit big for the plane and we didn't have to carry it far did we? Car to the airport and then car again. He forgot about the loong walk to the terminal, the loong walk on the tarmac and then the walk up the stairs to the plane. We flew Jetstar and opted to only have carry on.

Years and years ago we took an overseas trip, all five of us and we given cabin bags to use. These bags have been used on many many occasions and these are what we took to Tassie. However as we were going to the plane in Brisbane and carry these damned bags (no wheels on them!)I said to Warren I was going to buy a wheeled bag that would be suitable to carry on the plane and I would buy him one too if he wanted (out of my wages!) He said yes please.

No shops that sold luggage or bags until we got to Launceston and then I was in luck. Strandbags had a sale on. We had gone t one shop that I thought may have have wheelie bags but they didn't so I walked out and then couldn't find Warren. He had dropped back to ask where we could find such a place. She directed him to Strandbags.

This was the trolley bag that I bought for me, it is a little pink so Warren wont use it. He has used the one that I bought myself in Shanghai a couple of times. His is a grey one which he took on the plane on the way back as it had the computer in it. We came back with Virgin and had 23 kgs each to put in the hold.

The trolley bag really didn't hold any more than the soft bag but it was so nice to wheel it rater tan carry a dead weight. My grey bag didn't make it home, it still has some life in it but just not in my life.

I will use both trolley bags to store winter clothes until next season.



No comments:

Post a Comment