Tuesday 20 October 2015

Grease the musical

Each morning as I go to work I listen to a Sunshine Coast radio station. They have a pretty good mix of music and chat and don't laugh too much. I find that some of the teams on radio laugh a lot and to me its annoying. I don't know how I got onto this radio station but in the mornings just after 7.30 they have a trivia quiz, which I like to test myself on.

The station that Warren usually has on in the mornings also has a trivia but once the listener who has rang in gets one wrong its all over. Sunshine coast one goes until the time is up, people who call in can win $1000 if they get all 10 questions right and they do get $10 for each answer that they get.

Anyway, last week the announcers were talking about Grease being played at Caloundra  about an hour north of us. I didn't know when as they didn't add that bit so when I got home I googled it (yay for Mr Google).

It was to be on this weekend only for three nights and a Saturday matinee.

Bookings tickets became a nightmare. I could do it on-line or ring the box office which was only available Mon to Fri from nine to five. Select five tickets and went to do the rest only to have a blank screen come up, I do it again, this time it tells my that my session has timed out. Wow, I had gone from one screen to the next and timed out! Really!

There was a spot where people could contact them by email so I wrote an email, tellin them that I was disappointed that I couldn't book on-line. They replied giving me another site, I think it was the same one! Nope, not a cracker.

Yesterday as I was going to work, I asked Warren to either ring them or try on-line.  Having a coffee after work, he suddenly remembered that he hadn't rung, it was 5.05 pm. I thought that we could give the on-line booking another go, he seems to have more luck with some things than I do.

This morning at 7.30, he tried and got a little further than I had, I told him that I would ring them when the box office opened. He insisted and persisted and finally after a bit of swearing, forty five minutes later he was printing tickets.

Now all we have to do is get there on Saturday and remember to take the tickets, I hope its a good show.

No comments:

Post a Comment