Tuesday 13 October 2015

Replacements

I have never really liked the curtains in our spare room. This room is used for guests and our house sitters when we have them.
They are on a draw string but only draw one way. This window doesnt get the sun so that is not an issue. There is a lace and block out behind the yellow. These curtains have been hanging here for approx eight years.
This is the second window in the room, it is above the bed and does get the sun in the mornings therefore the same curtain material could not be used for this one. Although it (the red) matches the bed linen, it is still not what I want for this room.

Saturday I decided to go shopping for new curtains at a new store Curtain Wonderland. I had only just heard that they had moved into the area and we were heading to Spotlight, where we bought our last curtains earlier in the year. I can make curtains but why go to all that bother when I can buy them ready made for approx the same price.
New curtains on a silver rod so they can slide either way, they are long to the ground as well. Curtains bought, washed, ironed (yes, ironed!) and hang in one day. It's amazing what gets achieved when there is no football.

I haven't completed the smaller window yet as that does require some cutting and sewing. It also cost me a bit more than I intended to pay but much happier with these and no need to get new curtain for another ten years or so.


No comments:

Post a Comment