Saturday 24 October 2015

There was a Fall!

The morning started well as well as early. Young Aidan was visiting and he had asked for an apple and there was none in the fridge. I know that I needed to go and do some grocery shopping so I went early and was at the shops a few minutes after eight o'clock. Not too many people around so I was done and home again before nine.

Shopping done and put away, washing done and hung out, lunch cooking even morning tea over so I thought I would have a couple of hours in my sewing room. I have my costume to make for Melbourne Cup and time is ticking away.

I thought I would at least get my hat done. I had the cards ready to glue and my hat ready plus glue gun, then it was just a matter of finding where the glue sticks are to get started. I am sitting on my chair when I heard a noise and then I was on the floor! One of the legs had snapped. There were five wheels on the bottom of it and one had broken through.
This was how it had happened, broke and then pitched me forward.
Warren has glued it back on with super glue but I am not using it!

I can't work at my machine in my sewing room without a chair! Back out to the shops again, this time to Office Works. Now Office Works is one of those shops that I love to go to and I could spend a bit of money there on things that I like but no longer have much of a need for now.

I know that they have chairs and I was very good, I only stopped and looked at the new tablets and computers as they were on the way to the chairs.

Oh boy was there a choice but I dismissed the student chairs, the weight was very high nor was the comfort in sitting for a couple of hours. I didn't really want one with arms but I had to compromise. The stronger looking chairs did have arms. 

Lots of things to consider when buying a new chair, the comfort time of sitting, the weight it will endure, the width of the seat, the material, the adjustability and of course the cost. 

Prices ranged from $135 to $225, these all had chrome base and wheels and then I noticed that one of them had arms that could be pulled up which was a bonus for me, it was also the cheapest. 

The chair came in red, black or white. I didn't want a white one. Te box stated that it was a two person lift so I grabbed a store walker who located a black one and hoisted to on to his shoulder and walked to the counter where I paid and then he delivered it to the car for me.
Warren put it together for me when I got home and he informed me that it doesn't have chrome wheels, it just looks like chrome!

No time to use it as we were out this afternoon hopefuly tomorrow I will give it a good work out.






No comments:

Post a Comment