Thursday 22 October 2015

Lunch and left overs.

On Tuesday we had our house sitters came for lunch. We had met them before but this was the first time that they have been to the house. Silly me, I suggested they came for lunch but then I realised that I didn't know if they couldn't eat certain things or what they liked/didn't like.

As it was hot and they were coming after an arranged meeting so weren't exactly sure when they could get here, I had cold meat and salads.

Three different types of meat, some hard boiled eggs, potato and coleslaw with bread rolls and a sponge roll to have with coffee. Thankfully they were easy to please and didn't have any allergies.

However because I had prepared quite a bit of food we had plenty left overs so that was dinner for us as well.

I had read about someone who makes extra mashed potato when they have it and then she makes potato cakes from the extra.

I get sick of the same foods, two meals are okay but no more than that so I decided to give the potato cakes a go.

There wasn't very much mayo on the potatoes so I just mashed them and then I added the coleslaw as well, this was made from cabbage, carrot, apple and onion so I figured it would be okay. Added them together with the rest of the rice flour that I had about a quarter of a cup and formed them into patties, round them in flour and lightly fried them.

Two lots of lunches for to take to work and no waste, what a bonus. The original recipe had half potato and half cheese but I forgot that!

No comments:

Post a Comment