Wednesday 18 November 2015

Cheap petrol (I wish)

Driving home the other afternoon after work and my little petrol man's light goes on. I hate it when that happens, Warren always says that I have between 60 and 80 ks before I run out completely.

I have found a couple of better roads to travel on to and from work, cutting out eight lights and all but one petrol station.
The petrol station that I do go pass is not one that I would usually stop at, as it seems to a higher price most times. Anyway I pulled in there and thought that I might as well fill the car. I was watching it fill and then it got to $49.56 and I thought gee thats not too bad and as it was hot I decided to treat myself to an ice cream.

The station is being renovated and are operating out of a container, they had drinks fridge but nothing much else, no ice creams so I grabbed an iced coffee and went to pay.

"$73, thanks" my first thought was that the iced coffee must be dear then I said "$73! are you sure?" She said 'Ah, yes but I'll check" then it hit me the cost/price was above the litres and i had looked at the litres not the dollars. Duh, I had filled the car from almost empty. Hopefully the tank will last me for two weeks.

Not much happening here so little to blog about but I do have over 32000 words written for Nanowrimo, on the downhill run now.

No comments:

Post a Comment