Tuesday 22 May 2018

Twice Brewed

An unusual name for a place. Depends which way one is coming from, the sign says Once Brewed on one side of the sign post and Twice Brewed on the other.

I caught the bus cost was £4.20 and asked the driver to let me know when we arrived at my destintation. I was watching the road and saw the sign for Twice Brewed, driven didnt seem to ve stopping, I was hoping that I didnt have too far to walk back.

He turned down a road and kept going, then around a roundabout and up to The Sill. Dont know why it is called the sill but it is a typical tourist place with gift store, cafe and things. I wandered around a bit before going for a coffee.
I really didnt need anything to eat but felt I should order a Victorian sponge cake as it was there. It cost £7+, the coffee was good, cake not so good, I found it very dry.

I read my book outside for awhile until it got too cool. Found the inn, it was just at the back but cannot book in very early. 

The others got in about 2pm, it was a short walk, only 13kms but very steep.
 Had my first taste of yorkshire pudding. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment