Saturday 5 May 2018

Packing

Packing in this household is usually done the night or morning before we leave. Over the years people have asked "Have you packed yet?" The answer has always been  a no. I usually have an jdea of what I want to take then its thrown together a few hours beforehand.

This trip however is a little different, made different by the fact that when we got the details of our walking tour, it stated that yes, they will move our luggage BUT only one piece each and no more than 15 kilos. Oh boy, planes allow 23 kilos and some airlines are at 30 kilos which was great when we were tracking back and forth to China for five month at a time and across two seasons.

Last week I was having some trouble sleeping and realised that I was worried about what to take to make me comfortable and would fit in with their regulations. They would of course take more luggage but that was at a cost of £8 a day, £80 for the trip, adding roughly $150. That was not going to happen  so I packed early and my bag was 9.6 kgs. Yay.

There were a few more things that I needed but I could cope with that. Final pack was this morning. Hum, more to go in than I thought, a beanie to ward of the winds and chills around the ears. Another pair of jeans, just in case. My walking pole, which jt turns out I have Warrens and he has mine as they fit better that way, his doesnt break down as much as mine. A small first aid kit that we have in the caravan, a pair of sandals and my back pack. Last but definately not least was my geo caching bag with the track ables that we are taking to continue travelling and path tags.


I had stickers in my stuff so added them, the front and sides have motor stickers, makes it easier to identify my bag coming off the plane. It now weighs 12 kgs and Warrens is about 10.5. He will be taking a backpack on the plane but I am just going to take a tote bag which will hold phone, battery charger, wallet, tablet and medication, spare t shirt. Must remember to take travel pillow too, it will clip on to the side. Now what to do for the next five days?

No comments:

Post a Comment