Wednesday 23 May 2018

Hexham

Only 6 miles further down the valley from Wall is Hexham. Quite a big place compared to the little hamlets and villages we have come across in the last week.

There is Marks and Spencer, a Tresco and an Aldi plus a laundry and lots of other stores.

I was waiting at the bus stop and an older lady came across and we got to chatting. A car drove past and stopped, apparently it was her neighbour and both insisted that I hop in too for a lift to Hexham. The guy mentioned that he had been walking his dog earlier and jt had been spooked and walkers helped him to locate it. The walkers were the rest of our group as he said that he thought he heard a north american accents!

The Abbey at Hexham
A pub in the middle of Hexham
One of about five churches in the town, all this size.
The walkers were going to stop at a pub on the way and get lunch there. While I was having coffee, I heard that the pub was closed so I grabbed some pies at a bakery for their lunch. Oh my goodness the pastry was unreal, sure that it was home crafted.
After I took a taxi to Corbridge as not sure that the bus went near.

No comments:

Post a Comment