Tuesday 20 June 2017

I love getting parcels.

Last month after being away for a month, a parcel was waiting for me. It was an embroidered towel with my name and flowers in my favourite colour purple on a teal green towel. I belong to a group and we are matched up with someone of similar interests and it is expected than we will be in contact at least once a month. Could be a letter, card or a gift. I then in turn send to someone else in the group, so I dont send to the person who sends to me.

Yesterday again after getting home from a short caravanning trip, another parcel was waiting at home for me. This time it was a journal that had been prettied up and again with my name on it plus a kitchen hand towel with a crocheted top. To have some thing with my own name on it is very special as my name can be spelt several different ways and while I dont think mine is an unusual spelling, I have never found my spelling on anything that can be bought in shops.

Today as I was sitting down to write, Warren brings me a small parcel that had just been delivered. It was my earrings! When we went to Alice Springs, Warren went and did a Gem fossicking tour and turned up some four mm rubies. We decided to have them cut and made into a pair of earrings, we were told that it would be about a six weeks turn around and yep, it was.
They came packaged separately and it a red velvet bag.
The Gemtree caravan park had examples of how they could be cut , I choose this design. They describe them as 4 mm as that is how big they are around.
They are not that big once they are in but I know that Warren put a lot of blood sweat, maybe not tears into finding them. Our brother in law used to tell us stories about going to the Gemtree and finding rubies, Warren has always wanted to do it since hearing about it, now he has and he enjoyed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment