Saturday 4 February 2017

What one does between lunch and afternoon tea.

Make a bath mat of course. I washed our bath mat a couple of weeks ago and t must have been on its last legs as when it came out of the washing machine it had developed hoes in the fabric. I put it back in the bathroom but then thought nuh, one of us probably me would cacth our toes and go belly up so it went in the bin. I had pink towels that had come out of the camping van so we used ne of those folded up as a bath mat.

Why I bought pink, I have no idea, its not even a nice pink, I call it salmon pink, Warren talks about red towels

Anyway I digress, Warren showed a thing on face book about this woman, I am assuming it is a woman who makes things and the one he pulled up was pics of her making a bath mat.

Light bulb moment, I could do that!

Here's the towels being cut up, the pink ones already done and there was another blue one with ribs that Warren doesnt like using.

Roll the cut edges in and then start plaiting.

After plaiting, then roll the plait into a round and sew it together. luckily I had an upholstery needle in my sewing room and some thicker cotton. Warren had to help with the plaiting and the roundy bits but yep, two hours between Ellen, she finishes at 1 pm and that marks the end of my lunch and The Chase comes on at 3 pm. Two hours work and we have a "new" and thicker bath mat.





No comments:

Post a Comment