Monday 27 February 2017

Locating a church

I set off on Friday to find a particular church. It was down a country road with a cemetery alongside.
I had to turn down a main road to get there and under the road sign was a sign announcing cemetery which I found strange, I would have thought the church would have been placed before the cemetery. Not to worry I was heading in the right direction and it was a pleasant drive, no cars and I could beetle along at whatever speed I wanted looking at the scenery.

I turned a bend in the road and in front of me I could see head stones but no church. I parked and seeing a large stone with a plaque on it, I wandered over to read it.
Samsonvale Cemetery, Pine Rivers Shire

Apparently the church has been here but had burnt down and when it was replaced, it was built closer into the township. The pictures comes from a website.

Samsonvale Cemetery, Pine Rivers Shire Samsonvale Cemetery, Pine Rivers Shire

It was a very serene type of place on the side of a rise overlooking a lake. I am not sure if the cemetery is still in use although it did look well kept but this would be a great final resting place.


No comments:

Post a Comment