Friday 3 February 2017

Hot Chilli

I bought a three pack of olive oils the last time I went to Costco. The first one I opened was herb infused and there was a faint taste of herbs when I used it for cooking, it was good.

Then I opened the second one which was chilli infused, oh my goodness, talk about knock your socks off! I think I used it in a salad.

Mindful that it was rather hot, I thought that I need to be careful where and how I used it. We went out to lunch on Monday and so had a light dinner. In the microwave I baked the last sweet potato until it was soft, added some peas,corn and tuna and made tuna patties.  I thought they may have been a bit bland so I used the chill infused oil to lightly fry them.

The patties were nice and then the heat from the oil hit. There was a can of coke in the fridge and we shared that in a hurry to cool our mouths!

I wont be buying that pack again and much as I hate to throw out food, I did put the rest of the oil out in the bin. It was an Australian made/grown product.

No comments:

Post a Comment