Tuesday 19 April 2016

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2

Warren and I went and saw this movie last week in the oldest outdoor picture theatre in the southern hemisphere. How cool is that?

It is called Sun pictures and was built around 1913, I know I read it but cant remember the exact year.

This was a photo that I took in day light as the movie only operate after dark. There are two each night, one at 6.15 pm and the other starts at 8.30 pm.

The entrance is just to the left in the photo and its like going into a big shed. There is a box office and one girl operating that, its all cash so if one has no cash an ATM is a short walk from there.

There is also a drinks and lollies bar, didnt see popcorn but then wasn't looking for it.

The seating is all deck chairs, the kind that are in pictures of English seasides and its a skill to get out of them afterwards.

There were a few ads for businesses around Broome and then the movie started. It wasnt the best movie that I have seen, preferred the first one but there were elements that were funny and some tragic. 

The first eight rows are under the stars, we could see the moon above the screen and the last eight are under cover, I think about 280 seats altogether.  

No comments:

Post a Comment