Wednesday 6 April 2016

Clothes storage in the van

This has been a hassle on the trip, yep, I know first world problem! I started off with shirts hanging up on hangers, after Warren had put some foam along the rail. Yep, that worked, the hangers stayed on but my shirts fell off as they are not button up shirts.

I only have one drawer and thats for underwear, thats no drama. I tried piles of clothes, shirts one side and pants the other, a day or two travelling and that didnt seem to work.

Then I bought some stuff and the goods were put into carry bags, the stronger paper carry bags, I used two, one for pants and the other for shirts. I had to pull them out each time to look in there and so they started rip but did last for quite awhile. I disposed for them and clothes were a jumble again. I did start off with seven sets of clothes plus what I was wearing, I have bought a few things along the way, mainly shirts ( I ditched a couple of things too).

I had a brainwave the other day, Warren did offer to put shelves in but cant really do that when travelling. I wanted to buy some baskets then the thing was to find them.

Carnarvon had a Mitre ten and a Homeware store cant remember which one I went to but they had what I wanted. Yay! maybe problem solved.
I thought that they would go alongside each other in the wardrobe but it is smaller than I thought so they stack and I roll each item and so far so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment